Manushi Chhillar has won the coveted title Miss World 2017. The win of the title Miss World comes after 17 years when Priyanka Chopra had won the Miss World Crown in the year 2000. Manushi Chhillar was crowned by 2016 Miss World Winner Stephanie Del Valle. Her win also remarks the India’s Sixth Miss World Win.
Reita Farina was the first Indian who had won the Miss World title in the year 1996, and after her was Aishwarya Rai who won the title of Miss World in 1994, then Diana Haydon who was crowned as Miss World in 1997, then Yukta Mookey in the year 1999 and the last but not the least Priyanka Chopra in the year 2000.
Given below are the few important things you need to know about Miss World 2017 Manushi Chhillar.
- Manushi Chhillar is from a place called Haryana, and is 20 years old.
- She studied medicine and wished to be a cardiac surgeon.
- She wishes to open non-profit hospital in the rural areas.
- Before winning the title of Miss India World 2017 title, she has been successful in bagging various other titles as well, at the other beauty pageants that she had participated during her school and college days.
- Manushi has also been a part of National School of Drama, and enjoys doing swimming whenever she is free. She has been very keen in poetry, and loves doing painting too.
- Apart from being exceptionally talented, Manushi also has a flair for the English language, and was the All-India CBSE topper in English, in Class 12.
- She also won the title of Miss Photogenic during the Miss India competition this year. In an interview she said: “The only thing I believe is certain in life is uncertainty and this is what is amazing about the pageant.”
- She is also an advocate for menstrual hygiene, and according to the reports of the news agency ANI who spoke to her coach said that Manushi Chhillar feels the issue of menstrual hygiene as very important.
- Her mother Dr. Neelam Chhillar is an associate professor and department head of the subject neuro chemistry at the Institute of Human Behaviour and Allied Sciences.
- She studied in St Thomas School in New Delhi and Bhagat Phool Singh Government medical college for women in Sonepat Haryana.
- She is also a trained classical singer.
- She likes outdoor games and is very passionate especially about scuba diving, snorkelling, and the last but not the least bunjee jumping.
- Her personal motto as per her website are “When you cease to dream you cease to live” and “Courage to give flight to your dreams and the ability to believe in yourself makes life worth living”.
- Her father Dr. Mitra Basu is a scientist at the Defence research and Developmental Organisation.
- After reaching the top five, Ms Chhillar was asked a tricky question during the Question and Answer round, which profession according to her she thought deserved the highest salary and why. In her reply, she said her mother was the biggest inspiration in her life and mothers were worthy of the highest respect.